As the workplace evolves, so does workplace design trends. In order to adapt to the future and the needs of employees, companies are beginning to embrace open-concept designs, natural light and more comfortable furniture options. This shift is designed to encourage creativity and collaboration, while also making employees happier and more productive. So, what trends can you expect to see in the workplace in the near future?
The changing workplace
The workplace is changing. One trend is the increasing use of standing desks. According to a recent study, standing desks can boost productivity by up to 15%. They also help burn more calories, improve posture and reduce the risk of obesity and heart disease.
Another trend is the move towards more comfortable furniture. Gone are the days of stiff chairs and hard tables. Companies are now investing in furniture that encourages employees to sit or recline when they desire, such as couches and lounge chairs.
Finally, companies are beginning to embrace natural light. Studies have shown that exposure to natural light can improve moods, decrease stress levels and increase productivity. As a result, many companies are installing large windows or skylights in their offices, or bringing in plants to promote healthy airflow.
Open-concept design trends
Open-concept design has become increasingly popular in recent years, as companies are realizing the benefits of having a workplace that encourages collaboration and creativity. In an open-concept workplace, employees are seated in a large, open space where they can easily communicate with one another. This type of design is especially beneficial for companies that rely on teamwork.
There are several benefits of open-concept design. First, it allows employees to easily communicate with one another, which can lead to better teamwork and productivity. Second, it encourages creativity and innovation, as employees are able to share ideas freely. Third, it makes employees happier and more comfortable, which can lead to increased productivity and reduced stress levels.
While there are many benefits to open-concept design, there are also some drawbacks. First, it can be difficult to focus when there are distractions all around you. Second, it can be difficult to work quietly when others are talking nearby and difficult to find privacy when needed. But if you’re looking for a workplace that encourages creativity and collaboration, then an open-concept design may be right for you.
More comfortable furniture
In recent years, workplace design trends have shifted to focus on employee comfort and productivity. This has led to an increase in the use of more comfortable furniture options, such as lounge chairs and bar-height tables. These pieces help to create a more relaxed and informal atmosphere, which can lead to improved collaboration and creativity.
Biophilic workplace design trends
Workplace design trends are changing to embrace biophilic design. This trend aims to connect people with nature and create a comfortable work environment. Biophilic design features elements like plants, natural light and water, which have been shown to improve moods and creativity. As companies continue to experiment with workplace design, it’s likely that we’ll see more biophilic elements in the near future.
Flexible spaces are one of the most popular workplace design trends at the moment. This is because they allow employees to have more control over their work environment and to tailor it to their own needs. They also promote collaboration and creativity, as well as providing a more relaxed atmosphere.
Some of the most common features of flexible spaces include:
- Modular furniture: This can be rearranged to suit the needs of the employees using the space.
- Breakout areas: These are areas where employees can take a break from work and socialise with colleagues.
- Greenery: Plants and greenery are often used in flexible spaces to create a more calming and relaxing environment.
If you’re looking to create a more flexible workplace, then these are some of the design trends you should be considering.
How to implement these trends in your workplace
If you’re looking to implement some of the latest workplace design trends in your office, here are a few tips to help you get started.
1. Think about the needs of your employees. When designing your workplace, it’s important to think about the needs of your employees. What type of work do they do? What type of environment do they prefer? Are there any specific needs that need to be taken into account? By taking the needs of your employees into account, you can create a workplace that is both comfortable and functional.
2. Use technology to improve productivity. Technology can play a big role in workplace design, and more and more offices are using it to improve productivity. Some common examples include installing monitors or whiteboards in team spaces, providing docking stations for laptops, and installing wireless networking. By using technology in your workplace design, you can help your employees be more efficient.
3. Promote wellness in the workplace. Another workplace trend that is gaining popularity is promoting wellness in the workplace. This can be done in a number of ways, such as providing standing desks, incorporating green design elements, and offering on-site fitness facilities. By promoting wellness in the workplace, you can help your employees be healthier and happier.
4. Make your workplace sustainable. Sustainability is another big workplace trend, and more and more businesses are looking for ways to make their workplace more sustainable. This can be done in a number of ways, such as using recycled materials or using energy-efficient lighting. By making your workplace more sustainable, you can help reduce your business’s impact on the environment.
Benefits of a well-designed workplace
As you can see, the workplace is changing to adapt to the future. By incorporating some of these workplace design trends, you can create a modern office that is comfortable and enjoyable for your employees.