In recent years, there has been a shift towards more open and customizable office spaces. This is in part due to the growing trend of working from home, as well as the desire for employees to have more control over their work environment. While this shift has been beneficial in many ways, it can also be difficult to know where to start when it comes to designing your modern office. If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are the best office design ideas for creating your new workspace!
Hybrid workspace trend
Hybrid workspaces are one of the most popular office design ideas right now. They allow employees to have both private and collaborative spaces, which can be very beneficial for productivity. If you’re looking to create a hybrid workspace in your office, here are a few tips:
1. Choose the right furniture. When selecting furniture for a hybrid workspace, think about both private and collaborative spaces. You’ll want to choose pieces that are both comfortable and functional.
2. Create zones. When designing your hybrid space, create distinct zones for both private and collaborative work. This will help encourage employees to move around and switch up their work routine.
3. Use partitions wisely. If you don’t have the budget for separate private and collaborative spaces, use partitions to create dividing lines instead. This will help create a sense of privacy without taking up too much space.
4. Add pops of colour. A little bit of colour can go a long way in a hybrid workspace. Use bright colours to add a pop of personality and encourage creativity.
5. Don’t be afraid to get creative. The best thing about hybrid workspaces is that they can be customized to fit the needs of your team. So don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different layouts and designs!
Biophilic office design – bringing the outdoors indoors
While the trend of open and customizable office spaces is becoming more popular, there are still many businesses that are hesitant to make the switch. One of the main reasons for this hesitation is the fear that an open office space will be too noisy and disruptive. However, this doesn’t have to be the case! If you’re looking to create a more open office space while still maintaining a sense of privacy, consider using biophilic design principles.
Biophilic design refers to the use of natural elements in interior design. By incorporating plants and natural light into your office space, you can create a more calming and relaxed environment. This is especially beneficial for those who work in an open office space, as it can help reduce noise levels and promote productivity. You can incorporate plants in a variety of ways. For example, you could use large potted plants to create a divide between private and public spaces. Or, you could add a green wall or living mural to inject some colour and life into your office space.
Zircon Interiors can also custom design any office design idea your business may have. Mobo Brisbane was custom developed with an abundance of greenery, with custom circular planters suspended from the ceiling, and birch timber slat walls that create a perfect balance of colour and light. The pumice, copper tones, sage greens, charcoals and soft greys work together to create a calming atmosphere which is essential for any workplace.
Smart office design ideas
The office design trend of going “smart” is all about creating a space that is efficient and functional. By incorporating modern technology into your office design, you can create a workspace that is productive and comfortable. Some tips for creating a smart office design include:
1. Invest in quality technology. When it comes to creating a smart office, investing in quality technology is key. Make sure to choose devices that are both reliable and efficient so that your team can get the most out of them.
2. Create an ergonomic workstation. A big part of creating a smart office is making sure that the space is ergonomic. This means arranging your workstation so that it fits your body properly and minimizes strain on your muscles and joints. You can take this even further with flexible office furniture, which can make it easier to reconfigure your office layout to suit the needs of different tasks. For example, mobile workstations can be moved around to create more or less space as needed.
3. Private studio pods. If you want to create an even more private work environment, consider adding private studio pods to your office design. These small, enclosed spaces can be used for individual or team work, and can help foster a sense of productivity and privacy.
4. Create open spaces for collaboration. Open floor plans are becoming increasingly popular for office design ideas, as they encourage collaboration and communication between team members. One way to do this is through custom stadium seating, which allows employees to face each other while they work.
5. Use breakout spaces for creativity. Breakout spaces are another popular office design idea, and for good reason! These casual spaces can be used for brainstorming sessions, creative thinking, or simply taking a break from work. Incorporating a full kitchen, with open dining options or cafeteria spaces can help encourage creativity and productivity even while your team isn’t at the desk.
A focus on health and wellness
When it comes to office design ideas, many people think that the only thing that matters is how efficient the space can be. However, there’s more to it than that. In order to create a healthy and productive office environment, you also need to focus on the well-being of your employees. This can help employees feel more relaxed and comfortable in their surroundings, which can lead to better work performance. Remember to create a relaxed atmosphere and encourage employee interaction. By providing a space where employees can relax and chat with each other, you can help them feel more comfortable and connected to their team.
As the workplace evolves, so does workplace design trends. In order to adapt to the future and the needs of employees, companies are beginning to embrace open-concept designs, natural light and more comfortable furniture options. This shift is designed to encourage creativity and collaboration, while also making employees happier and more productive. So, what trends can you expect to see in the workplace in the near future?
The changing workplace
The workplace is changing. One trend is the increasing use of standing desks. According to a recent study, standing desks can boost productivity by up to 15%. They also help burn more calories, improve posture and reduce the risk of obesity and heart disease.
Another trend is the move towards more comfortable furniture. Gone are the days of stiff chairs and hard tables. Companies are now investing in furniture that encourages employees to sit or recline when they desire, such as couches and lounge chairs.
Finally, companies are beginning to embrace natural light. Studies have shown that exposure to natural light can improve moods, decrease stress levels and increase productivity. As a result, many companies are installing large windows or skylights in their offices, or bringing in plants to promote healthy airflow.
Open-concept design trends
Open-concept design has become increasingly popular in recent years, as companies are realizing the benefits of having a workplace that encourages collaboration and creativity. In an open-concept workplace, employees are seated in a large, open space where they can easily communicate with one another. This type of design is especially beneficial for companies that rely on teamwork.
There are several benefits of open-concept design. First, it allows employees to easily communicate with one another, which can lead to better teamwork and productivity. Second, it encourages creativity and innovation, as employees are able to share ideas freely. Third, it makes employees happier and more comfortable, which can lead to increased productivity and reduced stress levels.
While there are many benefits to open-concept design, there are also some drawbacks. First, it can be difficult to focus when there are distractions all around you. Second, it can be difficult to work quietly when others are talking nearby and difficult to find privacy when needed. But if you’re looking for a workplace that encourages creativity and collaboration, then an open-concept design may be right for you.
More comfortable furniture
In recent years, workplace design trends have shifted to focus on employee comfort and productivity. This has led to an increase in the use of more comfortable furniture options, such as lounge chairs and bar-height tables. These pieces help to create a more relaxed and informal atmosphere, which can lead to improved collaboration and creativity.
Biophilic workplace design trends
Workplace design trends are changing to embrace biophilic design. This trend aims to connect people with nature and create a comfortable work environment. Biophilic design features elements like plants, natural light and water, which have been shown to improve moods and creativity. As companies continue to experiment with workplace design, it’s likely that we’ll see more biophilic elements in the near future.
Flexible spaces are one of the most popular workplace design trends at the moment. This is because they allow employees to have more control over their work environment and to tailor it to their own needs. They also promote collaboration and creativity, as well as providing a more relaxed atmosphere.
Some of the most common features of flexible spaces include:
- Modular furniture: This can be rearranged to suit the needs of the employees using the space.
- Breakout areas: These are areas where employees can take a break from work and socialise with colleagues.
- Greenery: Plants and greenery are often used in flexible spaces to create a more calming and relaxing environment.
If you’re looking to create a more flexible workplace, then these are some of the design trends you should be considering.
How to implement these trends in your workplace
If you’re looking to implement some of the latest workplace design trends in your office, here are a few tips to help you get started.
1. Think about the needs of your employees. When designing your workplace, it’s important to think about the needs of your employees. What type of work do they do? What type of environment do they prefer? Are there any specific needs that need to be taken into account? By taking the needs of your employees into account, you can create a workplace that is both comfortable and functional.
2. Use technology to improve productivity. Technology can play a big role in workplace design, and more and more offices are using it to improve productivity. Some common examples include installing monitors or whiteboards in team spaces, providing docking stations for laptops, and installing wireless networking. By using technology in your workplace design, you can help your employees be more efficient.
3. Promote wellness in the workplace. Another workplace trend that is gaining popularity is promoting wellness in the workplace. This can be done in a number of ways, such as providing standing desks, incorporating green design elements, and offering on-site fitness facilities. By promoting wellness in the workplace, you can help your employees be healthier and happier.
4. Make your workplace sustainable. Sustainability is another big workplace trend, and more and more businesses are looking for ways to make their workplace more sustainable. This can be done in a number of ways, such as using recycled materials or using energy-efficient lighting. By making your workplace more sustainable, you can help reduce your business’s impact on the environment.
Benefits of a well-designed workplace
As you can see, the workplace is changing to adapt to the future. By incorporating some of these workplace design trends, you can create a modern office that is comfortable and enjoyable for your employees.
[Updated 7 June 2022]
Designing an office can be a rewarding experience. After all, it’s a space that you’ll be spending a lot of time in! But with so many different design styles to choose from, it can be hard to decide what direction to go in. If you’re feeling stuck, why not take inspiration from some of the most popular office trends from around the world?
You don’t have to be a world traveller to bring global inspiration into your modern office design. With a little research, you can find interior design ideas from all over the globe that will give your space a unique look and feel. Here are some of our favorite office trends from around the world:
In Japan, minimalism is key. You’ll often see Japanese offices with clean lines, simple furniture, and a calming color palette. This style can help promote concentration and creativity.
Scandinavian design is all about functionality and simplicity. This aesthetic is characterized by light woods, muted colors, and geometric shapes. It’s the perfect way to create a calm and inviting space.
If you’re looking for a more dramatic look, take inspiration from Africa. African design is all about bold patterns and bright colors. This style can help bring energy and life into your office space.
No matter what your style, there are office trends from around the world that will inspire you. Let’s look at these in more detail.
Japanese office trends
One popular office trend that has been inspired by Japanese design is the use of natural light and office greenery. This type of design creates a more calming and relaxing work environment.
Another popular office trend is the use of open spaces. This type of design allows for more collaboration and creativity.
Both of these trends are becoming increasingly popular around the globe as more businesses adopt them into their own workplace designs. If you’re looking for inspiration for your own office, be sure to check out these two popular trends!
As the world becomes increasingly connected, we are seeing a rise in international influence in all aspects of life – including interior design. Businesses are now looking to other countries for inspiration when it comes to designing their offices.
Scandinavian office trends
Scandinavian design is all about simplicity, functionality, and beauty. This type of design is perfect for creating a clean and modern work environment.
One popular element of Scandinavian design is the use of white space. This allows for a more open and airy feel in the office.
Another popular element is the use of natural light. This helps to create a more calming and relaxing work environment.
If you’re looking for inspiration for your own office, be sure to check out these two popular trends!
When it comes to creating a successful modern office, there are endless possibilities. However, businesses are increasingly looking to other countries for inspiration. By taking cues from some of the most popular international trends, you can create a unique and stylish office that will be sure to impress your employees and clients alike.
African office trends
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your office design, why not look to Africa? African interior design is all about using natural materials, bright colors, and patterns. You can incorporate these elements into your office in a variety of ways. For example, you could use brightly colored fabrics as accent pieces or add patterned wallpaper to make a statement.
You can also bring the outdoors inside by incorporating plants and nature-inspired elements into your design. Incorporating water features is also a popular trend in African interior design. By adding a water feature to your office, you can create a tranquil and relaxing space.
So if you’re looking for some unique and inspiring ideas for your office design, be sure to check out African interior design. You’ll be sure to find something that you love!
Inspiration from diverse cultures
While there are many different ways to design an office, it’s important to find a style that suits your needs and preferences. By taking inspiration from various cultures around the world, you can create a truly unique office.
Japanese office design is all about minimalism and functionality. The focus is on creating a space that is clean and clutter-free, which can help to boost productivity. Scandinavian office design takes a similar approach, but with a more modern twist. This style often features sleek and simple furniture, as well as bright pops of color. African office design is all about creating a vibrant and inviting space. This style often features traditional artwork and colorful fabrics.
After exploring some of the different office trends from around the world, it’s clear that there are many different ways to create a productive and inspiring workspace. Whether you’re looking for a sleek and minimalist Scandinavian design or vibrant and traditional African decor, there is an option out there for everyone. By taking inspiration from these diverse cultures, you can create an office that is truly your own.
And there you have it! Three popular office design trends from around the globe. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your dream office today!